Achieving a healthy and natural glow doesn’t have to be complicated. In fact, there are a few foolproof ways to tan quickly and safely. However, going to a tanning salon can be expensive, and exposing yourself to harmful UV rays for a long is not always safe.
Though spending some time in the sun is healthy, and it’ll even help you produce Vitamin D. However, the most significant way for those who are worried about skin cancer or other risks associated with UV rays can use self-tanning lotion or spray that give an illusion of caramelized hue without any dangerous ingredients.
However, which one should you choose? How do they work? And are they safe? This blog post gives a sketch of the different types of tan methods, self-tanning products, how they work, and their safety profile. It also includes tips on using them for the quickest and safest tan possible.
So whether you’re looking for a new self-tanner to try or just want to learn more about them, read on!
In a hurry? these are the safest ways to get a tan faster:
- Sunless tanning mousses, sprays, or lotions are a quick, cost-effective, safe option for sunbathing that results in an even and natural skin tone.
- It is vital to shield your skin against the sun year-round with a broad-spectrum sunscreen SPF 30 or above.
- A natural tan is a symptom of UV radiation damage to the skin.
- Although a tan is not permanent, you can keep it looking good for a long time if you take proper care of it.
- There are many nutritious meals available that may assist you in keeping a tan longer.
How To Get A Tan Fast: Different Methods To Tan Fast And Safely
There are many different options available, and you can find one that works best with what kind of results you want: whether it’s an instant bronzed look or a more natural-looking color change over time.
Remember to always protect yourself from prolonged exposure by using sunscreen on top of moisturizer. Below I’ve compiled a list of methods to help achieve an instant tan without burning your skin or looking patchy.
Method 1: Self-Tanning
Self-tanners are a godsend to those who want to get a natural-looking tan in minutes. They’re perfect if you don’t like to spend hours outside in the sun. However, you must understand how they work before buying, so make sure your research supports what kind of product will be best suited for your needs.
Self-tanners contain a powerful active ingredient called DHA, which combines with dead skin cells on the skin to generate a darker shade. Sunless tanners (self-tanners) work as an easy way to get that sun-kissed skin without having any fear of harming yourself with UV rays.
The results usually last 7-10 days, and you can get them in mousses, creams, gels, oils, lotions, towelettes, or sprays which will make application easy.
- When applying self-tanner, use gloves to avoid your hands becoming bright orange.
- The most difficult aspect of self-tanning at home is achieving an even distribution of the lotion on your skin. To prevent streaks, perform circular motions with your hands over your skin.
- Use a moisturizing lotion on your skin every day to help keep your tan and to prevent your skin from becoming dry.
Related: How long does it take to tan?
Method 2: Sun Tanning
Sun tanning has been around for years, but it’s also one of the most dangerous methods out there. You need to ensure that you appropriately protect your skin while still allowing sunlight in order to get perfect results.
You need to apply lotion or tanning oil with a low SPF to get a nice golden tan. This will aid speed up the process and give your skin some protection simultaneously.
- Choose a sunscreen lotion or oil with an SPF of 4 to 15, depending on the intensity of your base tan. If you already have a tan, you may use a lower SPF, but an SPF 15 would be ideal if you have fair skin.
- Pick a spray or olive oil to achieve a more consistent tan. The product will smoothly cover your skin without leaving any patches.
- Put some lip balm with SPF 15 on those lips. You don’t want them to be sore, chapped, and red from lack of protection.
- Get your tan on like a pro by turning over frequently. Just turn ¼ of the way after every 30 minutes, and you’ll have an even, beautiful tan in no time.
- To avoid tan lines, make sure your arms and legs get the same amount of sunshine.
Although it’s not suggested that you tan outside during the scorching hours of the day, you should take advantage of the sun while it is between 10 a.m. and 4 p.m. You may also focus the sun’s rays on your skin by using accessories like a reflective towel or sheet.
Set up a reflecting towel or place sunscreen at waist level at 45 degrees to make the sunshine hit your body. After you’ve tanned, use an aloe-based moisturizer on your skin.
Method 3: Spray Tan
If you’re gazing for an all-natural method for a darker tan, then there’s no better option than a spray tan. They work similarly to the self-tanners using DHA to deliver a golden brown color. Unless you have the equipment at home, this job may only be done at a spray tan salon.
- Light-skinned individuals will require nearly one layer of spray tan to give them a lovely glow. On the other hand, darker skin may need more coats to acquire a glow.
- Exfoliating your skin with an exfoliating scrub before using spray tan helps remove dead cells, making it easier to achieve an even finish when applying the product.
- It’s always better to get a spray tan from a professional. They will be able to set you up in the correct shade without any imperfections or streaks. It will take a few hours for this tan to develop and must be re-applied every one to two weeks.
- After a spray tan, keep your skin moisturized to help it glow and remain uniform.
Method 4: Tanning Beds
Tanning beds use UV light bulbs that produce similar radiation to the sun. Additionally, they have been associated with an increased risk for skin cancer. Dermatologists advise against their use due to this danger, but if you need a quick and easy way of getting tanned, there is no better option than using one.
When in a tanning bed, it’s critical to wear goggles that have been designed to safeguard your eyes from UV radiation. The ideal time for a session in the tanning bed will vary depending on your skin tone.
For those with fair complexions, 10 minutes should be enough to achieve an attractive color, but if you have dark bases, then 20-minute sessions may be necessary.
Use a Tanning Accelerator: What’s better than a glowing tan? Protection against sun damage and dry skin. Tan accelerators help you achieve that perfect summer glow in record time; they also contain ingredients that protect your skin from dehydration and harm.
You should apply moisturizer daily to protect your skin from dryness. Aloe vera-based lotion or gel will help you keep nourished and hydrated skin, preventing it from cracking while giving a healthy glow so that the tan lasts longer.
How Does Outdoor Tanning Work?
The sunlight both UVA and UVB rays can cause your skin to produce melanin, which gives you that beautiful dark tan. This is because the sun’s UV rays activate melanocytes whenever your skin is exposed to sunshine. Simply said, your skin naturally tans due to the sun’s UV rays protecting it from damage.
If you want to stay safe from the damage that comes with too much sun exposure, it’s essential to learn how to tan safely. Tanning without wearing sunscreen can lead not only to wrinkles and sagging skin but also to cancer.
So always remember: use a sun protection SPF 30 or higher product to prevent your skin from sun exposure.
Sun protection is important to prevent skin damage. You should apply at least 30 minutes before exposure for best results and re-apply every 1 – 2 hours if outdoors or engaging in activities like swimming which may cause sweating; also, wear a hat with sunglasses as well.
The Best Products For Safe Tan and Protection
Below are some of the best-recommended products on the market to help you tan safely in the sun:
- Elixir lotion helps to boost melanin production
- It will keep the skin glowing and moisturized
- Both elixir and mist can be used on the body, face, or even on the tanning bed
- Deliver gorgeous results without the use of bronzing agents
- It increases and stimulates the melanin production
- Hydrate the skin intensely and deeply
- Instantly illuminates the skin and balances out the white cast
- Three of the most critical ceramides (1, 3, 6-II) are included in this formula to help restore the skin’s natural barrier
- It may be used alone or as a tinted primer with SPF 30
The Bottom Line
So there you have it – everything you need to know about how to get tanning faster. If you want to tan safely and quickly, we recommend following the tips in this article. By using a self-tanner and taking precautions to avoid sunburn, you can get that beautiful golden glow in no time.
Don’t forget to consume plenty of water, apply sunscreen, exfoliate your skin, and apply moisturizer regularly; both of these steps will help keep your skin looking its best. Here are my favorite overall products in no particular order:
- CeraVe Tinted Sunscreen with SPF 30
- The Fox Tan Originals Pack