If you have greasy, acne-prone skin and are looking for a great cleanser option, then the CeraVe SA cleanser might be worth checking out. It’s no wonder that this popular drugstore cleanser from CeraVe has won countless fans.
The Renewing SA Cleanser has been proven to be gentle on the skin’s delicate surface with an ingredient list that won’t irritate or dry out your skin in any way, which makes it excellent for those with very oily skin who are struggling with breakouts.
Furthermore, this unique cleanser contains three essential ceramides that help to restore the skin’s natural barrier. In addition, the Renewing SA cleanser is soap-free and non-irritating, making it ideal for people with sensitive skin, eczema, and rosacea.
However, because product claims aren’t always what they seem to be, ahead, we look into all of the advantages and drawbacks connected with this product before you make a decision. So, let’s get started!
In a hurry? here are the CeraVe Renewing SA Cleanser review key findings:
- This gentle cleanser has salicylic acid as one of the key ingredients that efficiently remove dead cells.
- It’s a non-comedogenic, non-irritating, and fragrance-free mild cleanser.
- Perfect for oily, standard, and combination skin.
- This foaming cleanser might be irritating for the extra sensitive skin types.
- Using this foaming cleanser with CeraVe SA lotion is suggested for the smoothest results.
- It contains three essential ceramides, which help to protect the skin’s natural barrier.
The CeraVe Renewing SA Cleanser is a facial and body cleanser that includes salicylic acid as the primary active agent. The product is intended for oily and comedogenic skin individuals who require an exfoliating cleanser.
No products found.
It’s made with two types of acids: beta hydroxy acid, which helps slough away dead skin cells, and polyhydroxy acid; this hybrid formula makes it a more efficacious salicylic acid cleanser. The renewing SA cleanser is specifically formulated to cleanse, moisturize and rejuvenate your healthy skin.
It contains additional hydrating ingredients like ceramides, hyaluronic acid, and niacinamide that help soften rough skin while protecting it from drying out too much because of the presence of salicylic acid.
The mix of polyhydroxy acid in this product results in a powerful exfoliation treatment perfect for many skin types. Aside from acne breakouts, the CeraVe cleanser’s anti-inflammatory properties may also help treat various hair follicle problems.
- The CeraVe Renewing SA cleanser is different from other facewash because it doesn’t contain any sharp microbeads. This makes for a cleaner, more comfortable experience and helps remove dead skin cells without irritation or harm to your skin.
- The cleanser claims to thoroughly cleanse to minimize acne breakouts by removing dirt and sebum.
- It’s formulated with niacinamide, ceramides, and hyaluronic acid to help repair the skin’s natural barrier.
Related: CeraVe vs. Cetaphil
The CeraVe Renewing SA Cleanser Key Ingredients
The renewing SA cleanser key ingredients are listed as follows:
1. Salicylic Acid
Salicylic acid is a natural beta-hydroxy acid that exfoliates the skin and leaves your complexion glowing. It has the potential to invade deep into pores, removing dead skin cells and other oil-clogging impurities.
Salicylic acid functions in the following manner:
- Salicylic acid is an excellent comedolytic that works to dissolve sebum and cell debris, which helps remove blackheads or whiteheads (comedones).
- Since it cleanses the pores, they appear to be smaller, which helps to lessen their presence.
- Dryness can be an aftereffect of salicylic acid, which strips the skin’s moistness.
Niacinamide is a vitamin B3 derivative often used to treat acne and is found in various skincare products, including face wash and cream. Here, it aids in the repair of damaged skin barriers while also improving the skin’s appearance.
Gluconolactone is one of the ingredients found in higher amounts than salicylic acid. It’s a least-known active ingredient that exists in the category of polyhydroxy acids (PHAs). The antioxidant and anti-inflammatory effects of PHAs are comparable to those found in alpha-hydroxy acids.
The polyhydroxy acids in this product are an excellent option for anyone who has sensitive skin and acne, as the chances of irritation from these ingredients are lower.
4. Other Ingredients
The product contains three types of ceramides that are crucial to maintaining young, healthy skin: ceramide AP, ceramide NP, and ceramide EOP. Ceramides are a type of protein that helps protect your skin’s moisture barrier. They’re mostly found in the outer layer or epidermis. The moisturizing ingredients in this product include glycerin and hyaluronic acid, which have emollient as well as humectant effects.
How to Incorporate CeraVe Renewing SA Cleanser in Your Skincare Routine?
With a gentle cleanser for your body and face, you can feel confident that the CeraVe Renewing SA will leave both looking great. You can use this salicylic acid cleanser twice daily in your AM and PM routine.
- Use lukewarm water to dampen the skin.
- Cleanse the face in a circular motion with a nickel-sized quantity of cleanser.
- Last but not least, rinse it well. To avoid irritation, never scrub too roughly.
- For best results, apply the CeraVe SA lotion or any other spot treatments right away.
How Can You Use CeraVe Renewing SA as a Body Cleanser?
The shoulders, chest, and back are also susceptible to acne. This product could be used in these areas as well because they are prone to acne development. By leaving the cleanser for a few minutes on such areas, you can improve the penetration and effectiveness of this chemical exfoliant.
Additional Tips Related to This Foaming Facial Cleanser
Below are some tips that you can take into account before incorporating exfoliating cleansers in your skincare routine:
1. This cleanser may help with other ailments
This cleanser can be used on many other skin types, aside from comedogenic skin. It’s a beautiful choice for the following reasons:
- This product can be used to treat ingrown hair on the arms, legs, and face called Pseudofolliculitis
- Keratosis pilaris / strawberry legs
- Beneficial for mask-related breakouts (“maskne”) and back acne
- Great to use for Combination skin types
Salicylic acid can temporarily smooth out bumps in the skin, especially those that occur from keratosis pilaris and pseudofolliculitis.
2. Apply a lot of moisturizer to your skin
- After you cleanse your skin with any exfoliating cleansers, apply a ceramide-rich moisturizer to preserve your skin’s barrier function.
- The CeraVe Renewing SA Cleanser is a bit more drying than other products, so use it only at night if you have dry skin.
3. Don’t overuse the product
- If your skin feels squeaky clean after rinsing off the cleanser, this means that you have overused the product.
- Overusing facial cleansers can cause damage to the skin’s protective barrier. The feeling of squeaky cleanness is due to the skin’s natural barrier loss, so try to avoid consistently doing that.
4. You can also double cleanse before using this SA cleanser
- Double cleansing with an oil-based cleanser before using the CeraVe Renewing SA Cleanser may be beneficial if you have dry skin.
- Double cleansing will act as an “oil-water emulsion” and make it easier for the SA cleanser to clean the skin without over-drying it.
Don’t forget to slather on a broad-spectrum SPF 30 sunscreen to help protect you from UVA and UVB rays, which can cause sunburn, dry skin, premature signs of aging, and skin cancer.
Additional Information Related to This Salicylic Acid Cleanser
The product has a transparent gel texture with just the right amount of viscosity. This means it won’t feel heavy on your skin, but you can still quickly rinse off any excess without leaving behind an uncomfortable residue or films that clog pores. The best part? It doesn’t leave your skin parched or stretchy after use.
CeraVe’s products are perfect for anyone looking to start their skincare routine with transparency and affordability. Their products are packaged in a similarly basic and straightforward manner. This cleanser is also available in a pump bottle.
It looks great on the matte plastic rectangular bottle with a pump since it is transparent. You can see right through it. The tube is blue, light blue, white, and gray with distinct/labels. It is pretty cheap and readily available almost everywhere.
What to Expect From Cerave Renewing SA Cleanser?
The skin feels cleaner and smoother after using it, without any dryness. Therefore, the CeraVe Renewing SA Cleanser is a gentle cleanser that will not strip your skin of its natural oils like different salicylic acid-based products on the market do because it includes barrier maintaining ingredients such as ceramides and glycerin. It’s suitable for acne-prone, bumpy, combination, and sensitive skin.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can People With Acne-Prone Skin Use Cerave Renewing SA Cleanser?
Yes, the CeraVe Renewing SA Cleanser is entirely non-drying and safe for individuals to use regularly who have acneic skin. It contains 0.5% of salicylic acid, so it’s effective in removing excess sebum, unclogging the pores, and helping to fade hyper-pigmentation.
Is it Safe to Use This Chemical Exfoliant Cleanser Daily?
Definitely, you can use the CeraVe Renewing SA cleanser every day or twice a day.
What is the Best CeraVe Cleanser For Acne-Prone Individuals?
The Renewing SA Cleanser is the ideal choice for anyone with acne. Besides, the Foaming Cream Cleanser and the face foam treatment are both great options to cleanse your skin. We have the information right here if you want to find out which CeraVe products are best for your acne-prone skin.
Can this Cleanser Be Used If Someone Has Keratosis Pilaris?
Yes! This cleanser is suitable for all skin types and conditions, including keratosis pilaris. Salicylic acid effectively softens the keratin build-up around the hair follicles, making it easier to remove.
The Final Verdict
If your skin is comedogenic, oily, and has a proneness to have barrier issues, you’ll need a mild exfoliant that won’t leave it dry. A cleanser containing salicylic acid should be part of your skincare regimen. It is non-negotiable unless you have an allergy to it. If that’s the point, then you must try benzoyl peroxide.
No products found.
If you’re searching for a cleanser that can help reduce or eliminate breakouts, the CeraVe Renewing SA Cleanser is an excellent choice. This face wash also effectively treats keratosis pilaris and pseudofolliculitis, among other skin-related problems.